Friday, July 19, 2024

Food for Thought

I took off to get lunch, well, a late lunch or early supper. Went to Freddie’s and planned to sit in the car and read my book while I ate. Instead, I turned on Pandora and listened to worship music. I’m glad I did. The car filled with a sweet presence and I just sat and praised God with my mouth full. 

It’s been a rough month. I’ve been sick for weeks now. The steroids helped but then the storms rolled in and dropped a house on me. When I told Sarah I felt like the Wicked Witch of the West, she said, “Mid-West, maw maw. You’re in the Mid-West.” 

That’ll teach me.

Wherever I am, I was in so much pain last Monday. I had to go back to bed. I went to sleep for a couple of hours but it didn’t help much. I was still sick the next day. Of course the weather had begun to improve slightly. By Wednesday it was clear and I was so relieved. I still had a lot of pain but I was better. Today, there isn’t much pain but I’m so fatigued if I went to bed right now, I’d be asleep in minutes. 

God is so very good. All I can do at times like this is pray for help. Of course, storms are a normal part of weather and we’ll always have them. I’m highly sensitive to low pressure systems and I don’t know why. I’m just thrilled when they are gone. 

So much is happening in the world and it is troubling. I’m so thankful I can turn to Jesus and he calms my spirit. I can pick up theWord and find solace and assurance that I can find no place else. Without that, I’d be destitute. I needed a meal today and he invited me to come and dine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com