Saturday, August 29, 2015

10 Days of Praise: Day 2

Courtesy Keep Calm-O-Matic
Isn't this cheating?

I don't think so. I mean, who knows what tomorrow will bring. My intention is to make a praise post for the next 10 days. I can write them when I want, but I must post one every day. Thanks to Blogger, I can have it post at the exact moment I want it to post. Besides, what if tomorrow I end up in the hospital?

I think people would understand.

This isn't about other people. I am harder on myself than anyone. I want to do this. I feel it is very important. So, I'm hedging a bit. Writing it when it comes and saving it for the next day.

They'd forgive you for missing one day. This isn't a requirement.

I think it is. At least, I think that is the point that you're trying to press home to me. It is important to recognize every day... no, every moment, that all the praise is God's and that every moment should be an opportunity to praise.

There are times when people can't stop what they're doing to give praise.

Why not? Muslims pray, actually get down in the street on a rug, for heaven's sake, and pray... five times a day! They do this rocking and bowing and kissing the ground while they worship their god. Why is it hard for us to stop 30 seconds throughout our day to say "You are great, Oh God, there is none like you! You are Lord, King, and Savior and you are worthy of all our praise." Really how hard is that?

Well... apparently it isn't as hard as I thought. You may be on to something.

I know!

So, you're going to do that from now on?

..............

I said...

I heard you.

Well?

I'm going to do my best. I'm going to try and focus on it more. I think that is what gets in the way a lot of times. The feeling that you must - not - miss - a -  day. We hate that feeling. It is why diets fail and exercise programs fail. We have to do it. This... this has to be from the heart and when it is, we don't think in those terms. We don't have to do, we can't help it.

Besides, you know that I do stop several times a day to give you praise. Mind you, I don't count them, but we both know that no matter where I am, I usually take a moment to tell you how amazing you are and how much I love you.

I've noticed. And at very odd times, I might add.

Right. Sometimes I whisper it and others, like alone in the car, I just say them out loud. Usually, I just can't help it.

I delight greatly in you, Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For You have clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of Your righteousness...You are a God at hand and not afar off. Oh, that men would praise you for your goodness, and for your wonderful works to the children of men. Oh God, my heart is fixed. I will sing and give praise, even with my glory. Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com