Thursday, July 17, 2014

What Would Knowing Everything Do for You?

My week has been... eventful. Tomorrow is Friday and I have about 11 days left to work.

You don't look thrilled.

Really? What's your first clue?

Well....

It's a rhetorical question.

Ah, you're trying to be amusing.

You know, sometimes ... no. I was being a smart aleck. I'm sorry.

You are the one who decided to quit.

I know this. I've told myself this for days. Actually, for almost three weeks. Yes, I decided.

The why are you upset about your decision.

Because I don't know if it was the right decision.

You thought so at the time.

...........

Didn't you?

..........

Hello?

Do I have to answer questions to which you already know the answers?

You don't have to answer any question you don't want. But you're right. I know all the answers. 

Really! I'm glad to know this.... after the fact.

Being funny again, I see. You knew this before. You've always known it. It is why you constantly ask questions. Because you want to know the answers and you know who has them. 

And it always does me a lot of good.

If I told you everything you wanted to know, and you ask an inordinant number of questions, but if I answered them all what would that do to your life?

I'd screw up a lot less.

..........

It is not funny.

Of course not. Forgive me.

.............

Never mind. But answer my question. What would knowing all the answers do for you?

That makes my head hurt. How many chances do I get?

Yes, it is a rather hard question. I'd like you to think about it. Give me an honest answer.

Can I get back to you on this?

Take all the time you need. You have plenty of it and I'm not going anywhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com