Monday, May 6, 2013

Building Bridges


I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works. Psalms 9:1


Thank you.


I don't think I do that enough, you know?


Actually, yes, I do. 


Can I ask a question?


Certainly.


Do you ever feel when you tell people something important that they don't hear a word you say?


............


Hello?


..............


Um, anyone there?


I'm thinking.


Should I rephrase it?


No, no. I understood you. I'm trying to be tactful.


You don't have to be tactful. I never am.


Yes, I've heard about that.


Seriously, do you ever feel like people just don't hear you? You try and help and all you get is a look, as if you'd suddenly sprouted a third eye.


At least you get a look. 


Oh.


Sometimes I get an argument. I actually prefer the argument.


Really?


It means they heard me. And it means they're thinking about it. Argument is way better than just a look. Most of the time, I don't get much of a response. I'm tempted on occasion to resort to theatrics just to see if they're breathing.


Theatrics?


You know, lightening bolts and earthquakes.


Really!


Yes. But the earthquakes tend to be attributed to tectonic activity and the lightening to static electricity, both of which I created, by the way. So I don't bother much.


But you keep talking.


Of course. Don't you open the door when your children knock on the door.


They have a key.


So do mine.


I'm sorry I haven't listened very much. I spend a lot of time focusing on the negative.


I'm sorry, too. But you try hard, even when you mess up, you get back up and try again. that's a good thing. Although, I really wish you'd take my hand more often. We've been through too much to just throw it all away. Just keep walking along this road and you'll make it.


I want so much more that this. I don't quite know what or how. I don't really know what lies ahead. I hate that. And it seems like every time I start down this road I hit a chasm I can't cross and have to turn back.


Hmmm, well... instead of turning around, why don't you build a bridge.


..............


Hello?


...........


Anyone there?


I'm thinking.



Good. 

"Unless the Lord builds the house, They labor in vain who build it;" Psalms 127:1

Let me know how it turns out. Oh, here's a hammer. "Again I will build you, and you shall be rebuilt, O virgin of Israel! You shall again be adorned with your tambourines, And shall go forth in the dances of those who rejoice." Jeremiah 31:4



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com