Monday, September 12, 2022

What I Saw at UPS


Did you know UPS has a mail slot in the lobby that says “For delivery to the post office”? It does! I was so shocked and amused. I had a return to drop off there, and the line was long. As with all lines, they’re boring and you tend to read things on the walls. 

A package delivery service will deliver your mail to the post office free, who will then deliver it to whomever you addressed it. You won’t ever know that it went through an extra set of hands before heading to you. Gives you a whole new perception about how the Corona virus got around so well. 

And yes, I used ‘whomever’ correctly. 

I think God is like that sometimes, too. He sends something through someone who delivers it to someone else, and then they send it to us. 

Now, imagine if you will, the Devil doing the same thing. He passes something on to someone. They pass it on to someone else, worse than they are, and that person hands it off to another person. At each stop, it leaves some or picks up a bit of ‘bacteria’ or some corrupting element. Or… well, you’ve got the idea by now. We never know where it was, what they did to it, nor who touched the item. We don’t know what sanitation was like nor what may lurk on the outside. 

Yuck. 

I’m a staunch believer that we can pass spirits around via things, thoughts, and actions. I’ve posted about it here before. Someone just coming into your house will bring many germs and illnesses into your home, so why not spiritual uncleanness or a negative spirit? Can they hand you a flier on the porch and pass on a negative energy? You can get Corona virus by simply breathing the same air. Why do we laugh at the idea of getting spiritually sick from taking something from some standing in our yard? 

I admit it sounds like my good imagination is working overtime. I mean, talking to my neighbor shouldn’t be a problem, should it? 

It depends. 

I took a bath last night. I wash my hands regularly. I wash my clothes. Ah, do they also? I have no idea. So, I don’t think we’ll be hugging or holding hands. Maybe stick to the 6 ft rule?

I also don’t know where they’ve been or what they’ve been doing. I don’t know what habits they have. Do they do Taro cards or fortunetelling? Do they visit inappropriate places? Do they drink or do drugs? They may think all that is all right. I don’t. So, they’re going to have something I don’t want following me home. 

It doesn’t end there. Someone can come into your home with depression and despair. When they leave you might feel down and in a few days you may even be depressed. Believe me, I know this for a fact. 

So what’s my point? 

It isn’t what they do or think that is important. They’re who they are and until they get these things removed from their lives, they’re going to be who they are. 

What is important is who you are and what you do. There is a reason the Bible tells us to put on the whole armor of God. If you read it carefully, you can see it covers you from head to foot. This armor protects us against the wiles of the devil, against principalities, power, rulers of the darkness of this world and spiritual wickedness in high places. Not just head to foot but from the lowest devil to the highest one. God has us covered. 

If. 

Yeah. 

If we’re wearing it. 

If you aren’t, I’d check my closet. 

Ephesians 6:10-18:

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com