Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Locked Gates

<a href="http://juliodecarvalho.openphoto.net/gallery/">Julio de Carvalho</a> for <a href="http://openphoto.net/gallery/image/view/22287">openphoto.net</a>
Courtesy OpenPhoto.net
This day started off pretty good. It was a bit overcast, a bit of rain that gave way to sunshine and a lovely spring breeze filled with songbirds. I opened all the windows I could and the house is just the right temperature. Pain is a low hum that I can block out. Can I have this all the time?

Probably not.

But it is pert near perfect!

There are things beyond your street that say otherwise.

I keep the gate locked.

Very funny.

You do know that I have anxiety issues and thinking about certain things and contemplating certain things sends me over a very steep precipice. I become this quivering mass.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. -- Phillipians 4:6-7

And that is why I stay here, on my dead-end street and consider the things I need to do this month to make my small plot lovely. I try very hard to keep the world out. Of course, you've rained on my parade for weeks now. I keep hoping for sunshine.

Your flowers will thank me. It will get hot and you won't like it. 

I suppose that is true. 

But things aren't "pert near perfect."

I try to believe the world isn't a mess, that people have not lost their minds, that sun is shining somewhere, the sky is blue, and God is in his...your heaven. 

Do you believe that?

Which part?

Any of it.

I believe God is in heaven. 

Someone once said,"The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand."

Yeah, I saw that guy, too! Scruffy, beard down to here, hadn't had a bath in ... well ... a while from where I was standing. That was on the sandwich sign he was wearing."

You know, certain kinds of humor are an attempt to cover up what you're really thinking.

I heard that. I told them they were imagining things. I figure if I keep thinking things are good, they might fall into line.

How has that worked?

I'm not very good at it, actually. It is why the gate is locked, there is no newspaper, no television news, and why I simply won't read certain things on the internet. Not exactly positive thinking but I try and remove all the negative I can from my environment. I know some people would say I've got my head in the sand. 

" For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:" --Proverbs 23:7

So, I think things are fine, so they are! Well, that works out well. One question.

Of course.

When does that kick in? Cause despite my best efforts, some of that stuff creeps in.

I'm pretty sure that isn't exactly how it works. Maybe this is closer to what you want: "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.  Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you."  --Philippians 4:8-9

Yeah, that's it! I don't know if I always manage to do it well, but I try and keep the other stuff beyond the gate. Life is chaos and cluttered. I suspect that is why clutter agitates me so much. Still, that peace thing, that's tough.

You know there are all kinds of locked gates. Some gates should be unlocked. You end up keeping some good things out. “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world, you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”--John 16:33



#ConversationsWithHim






1 comment:

  1. I have been making a concerted effort to think more positive thoughts and to surround myself with things that are positive. Staying off Facebook actually helped and I really don't want to go back.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com