Sunday, August 10, 2014

The End of the Rope

So, I did it. I retired... at 57. That's crazy. What was I thinking?

What where you thinking?

I thought maybe you could help with that answer. I usually know what I'm doing.... most of the time.

And you didn't this time?

{sigh} I hate putting a written sigh in there but I haven't figured out a way around it so I'm going with it today.

Well, you did sigh. So, you didn't know what you were doing?

Have we had this conversation?

Probably.

I think I did know. You didn't really give me a lot of help, you know. I did what I felt I had to do. When I said I was at the end of my rope... I wasn't making it up.

I know you weren't. And I did hear you.

......

No, really. I did. I was listening to everything. 

And you didn't say anything! All the time I was begging for help and asking for direction and trying to figure out what I was going to do without a job, without insurance, without.... You ignored me.

Never. 

Then why didn't you help me?

Because you already heard me and you knew what you had to do. 

I did?

Sure you did. And of course I knew you were at the end of your rope. 

You did?

Who do you think cut the rope?


2 comments:

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com