Sunday, May 29, 2016

Sunday Services

Today has not been unusual. I've spent it alone and in relative quiet. Although, when I got up I did not feel well at all. For two weeks I had virtually no pain and this week I've been slammed with pain. Yesterday was horrible. This morning I slept late and I think the extra rest may have helped.

If you've followed me here or on Facebook you know that for months I've battled severe pain from rheumatoid arthritis. Virtually every day I am in pain in my feet, knees, hands, or hips. Or all of them. Moving is not fun most days, particularly if I have to get up and down very much.

I stayed home from church and it is very frustrating. All my life I've gone to church, missing only for serious illnesses or unavoidable issues. Now, it is almost a way of life, one I do not like. I'm isolated and my only Christian contact is via Youtube or the internet.  Thank God for those. I don't even like Facebook but sometimes people share Christian posts or videos. They are like water in the desert to this starving girl.

This morning I read my Bible and prayed. I listened to Samual Rodriguez, a Hispanic preacher that I've been following on YouTube for a while. He is a great little preacher and there is always such a wonderful spirit in his preaching. Every time I've listened to one of his messages, I am blessed. What would people like me do if it weren't for Youtube? I am always scouring for good preaching on there.

My pain seemed to lessen and around 12:30 I decided to attempt another walk in the cemetery. I visited Jerry's grave while I was there. They've put the flags out in preparation for Memorial Day and they'll hold services tomorrow. I don't know if I'll go or not. I usually do but it just depends on how I feel. I can carry a comfortable chair, at least.

After my walk, I decided to see if there was a place I could sit and have lunch. Lunch with the dead... the ideal dinner companion. You can say what you want, they listen, and they don't talk back or criticize you. 

When I got my lunch, I came back to the cemetery and found a seat. It was a beautiful day and I have to say, the best company I've had in a long time. 

And we got the shower, too.







No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com